Board of Trustees: UK must accelerate growth, progress to advance Kentucky Board of Trustees: UK must accelerate growth, progress to advance Kentucky
The University of Kentucky Board of Trustees on Friday directed me to move quickly to accelerate the institution’s progress in addressing the state’s workforce needs.
Specifically, as an extension of the university’s strategic plan – The UK PURPOSE – the Board directed us to make plans to:
- Strategically continue enrollment growth as well as initiate new efforts designed to incentivize students to live and work in the state following graduation.
- Conduct an assessment in a campus-wide initiative through the institution’s shared governance structure to assess, evaluate and revise the university’s general education curriculum – the UK CORE – with a focus on ensuring students have the skills necessary to compete and succeed in a fast-paced, changing economy.
- Expand partnerships with public and private sector organizations to enhance the university’s mission in education, research, service and care.
- Review and enhance UK’s recruitment and retention efforts around employees to meet changing workforce needs internally.
- Review policies, procedures and financing strategies to ensure that UK is aligned with the state’s needs, including relationships with public and governmental agencies as well as internal governing and administrative regulations to ensure the institution is poised to accelerate progress and growth.
Read the full CR 1 here.