Draft work location guidelines now available February 3, 2023
Dear Campus Community,
Last April, a Work Location Workgroup was charged with providing recommendations on new remote work guidelines that can support our institutional mission and efforts to advance Kentucky. Since that time, the workgroup and a steering committee have spent countless hours researching and exploring ideas related to remote and hybrid work.
As a residential campus, it is crucial that we think about — and work together to support — those who place their trust in us as the Commonwealth’s university. At the same time, we want to ensure we are supporting our employees, remaining flexible with remote and hybrid work arrangements.
To that end, a draft of Work Location Guidelines is available at this link, and the community is invited to review and provide feedback on these guidelines by Feb. 15 at 5 p.m.
A complete outline of the process is below:
- Feedback will be reviewed after the Feb. 15 deadline. Changes to the guidelines will be considered.
- A final version of the guidelines will be released to campus this spring.
- University leadership will then begin the process of determining which of their positions are eligible to request a remote or hybrid work agreement.
- Following this step, those in staff positions deemed eligible by university leadership to request remote work will be able to do so through myUK.
- A final version of the guidelines will be released to campus later this spring.
It is important to note that while the guidelines will only apply to staff, any member of the UK community is able to submit feedback with their linkblue ID and password. Additionally, UK HealthCare will maintain separate guidelines.
I want to thank the members of the workgroup and steering committee for their extensive efforts on this initiative and all they — and our employees — do to advance Kentucky.
Eli Capilouto President